On Saturday September 10, and Sunday September 11, the 20th Anniversary Festival of Philippine Arts and Culture will take place in San Pedro, CA.
Although I've participated at FPAC in some capacity (either as an attendee, or as a vendor) for the last 4 years, I'm still amazed that this will be the 20th year of the two-day festival that brings together the best of Filipino community, heritage, and cultural pride.
To celebrate this momentous occasion, FilAm Arts will be hosting "Swill to Twenty": a kickoff Food and Wine Fundraiser on Thursday September 8. According to FilAm Arts:
"SWILL TO TWENTY", which benefits and kicks-off FPAC, takes place at Swill Automatic, one of Los Angeles Arts District’s hottest new destinations, offering a continually updated array of interesting, reasonably priced self-dispensing wines from all over the world, complemented by a dynamic menu of eclectic, Modern American bar cuisine. (Guests must be 21 or over).
For this special fund-raising event, attendees can feast on the following selection of tapas, desserts, and drinks:
- “Longatacos” - Longsilog Tacos
- Hottentots - tater tots with Gruyere cheese and spice
- BanhMi Sliders - Filipino-Vietnamese-style pork sandwiches
- Moroccan Meatballs - house-made meatballs infused with North African spices in a tangy tomato sauce
- Roasted Stuffed Peppadews - tangy South African peppers, wrapped w/prosciutto & stuffed with cheese
- Dessert - Gourmet cotton candy from Tasty Clouds Cotton Candy Company
- Two Drink Coupons - for wines, beer, or wine cards (pour your own drinks)
In addition, there will also be a meet and greet with FPAC headlining artist, and Latin Soul Legend, Joe Bataan.
General admission to this event is $55, or $100 for VIP tickets. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
A portion of the proceeds benefit The Association for the Advancement of Filipino American Arts and Culture, also known as FilAm ARTS, a multi-disciplinary community arts organization whose mission is to advance the understanding of the arts and diverse cultural heritage of Filipinos in the United States.
And if you can't make it out to the Swill to 20 kickoff party, do make sure to attend FPAC on September 10 or 11--more info on FPAC 20 coming soon...